skapande/imitation/stöld

A lot of times you'll just hear things and you'll know that these lines are the things that you want to put in your song. Whether you say them or not. They don't have to be your particular thoughts. They just sound good, and somebody thinks them. Half my stuff falls along those lines. . . . I didn't originate those kinds of thoughts. I've felt them, but I didn't originate them. They're out there, so I just use them. . . . It's more or less remembering things and taking it down. . . . songs are just thoughts. For the moment they stop time. To hear a song is to hear someone's thought, no matter what they're describing. . . . You have to have seen something or have heard something for you to dream it. It becomes your dream then. Whereas a fantasy is just your imagination wandering around. I don't really look at my stuff like that. It's happened, it's been said, I've heard it: I have proof of it. I'm a messenger. I get it. It comes to me so I give it back in my particular style.

- Bob Dylan

Inga kommentarer: